You must have Custom Field Manager level privileges to manage custom fields. Contact the account Admin or Owner to request access.
Accessing Custom Fields
To manage custom fields, go to your Account
Then navigate to the Custom Fields menu option.
From the Custom Fields manager, you can:
- View all active custom fields
- View the custom field names
- Identify each custom field’s type
- See the custom field's description
- Identify if the custom field is Global and if Show on the Task Face is set
- Edit or delete any custom field
- Add a new custom field to your Rindle account.
Note: If you don't see the Custom Fields menu option in the account settings navigation, contact the account Admin or Owner to request access.
Creating a Custom Field
All custom fields created in your Rindle account are available system wide to be applied to boards or set as a global custom field.
To add a custom field, click on the Create Field button
In the next screen, you can:
- Add the custom field's name
- Add a brief description for the custom field (optional)
- Select a custom field type
- Select if the custom field should apply globally to all tasks. If turned off (default), the custom field will be available to be applied at the board level.
Note: After a custom field has been created, its field type cannot be changed.
Learn more about how custom fields can be displayed.
Deleting a Custom Field
Custom fields can be deleted by clicking the ellipse menu in the custom fields list
Note: Deleting a custom field will also remove any custom field data set on tasks. This operation is not able to be undone.