So, to give you an example: If you had a board called “Events” and a list called “To-do,” you might have a task within that list called “Prepare booth.”
On top of that, you can move your task between lists with ease (as you complete the different steps). This can help you better identify what you and your team have been working on, what has been prioritized, and what has been finished.
Adding a task
There are a couple of different ways that you can add tasks in Rindle.
Add tasks from the Tasks page
After logging in to Rindle, you can conveniently add a task directly from Tasks.
- To do this, click the "Add Task" button at the top of the Tasks page.
- When you click the button, you can choose to add the task to a specific board (or not).
Adding tasks from board lists
You can add tasks to lists to help you keep track of tasks and stay ahead of your work on a regular basis.
- To add a new task, click the "+" icon at the bottom of any list. After that, you will be prompted to fill out the name of your task. You can name the task anything you’d like — think of the task name as a mini description of your task.
2. Once you’re finished typing the name of your new task, hit the enter button on your keyboard to add it to your list.
3. Once you’ve hit enter on your keyboard and the task has been added, it will appear at the bottom of your list (it will appear in that same spot until you have moved it or another task has been added underneath).
If you want to re-arrange your tasks, you can drag them in order to move them to different areas of your list or board.
Adding tasks by creating a new email (all email clients)
To save time, you can also add new tasks directly from your email inbox (using any email client you’d like). Doing so will allow you to add quick thoughts or tasks on the fly without leaving your inbox.
We’ve all experienced a time where we may have intended to add a task to our list, but got distracted and forgot — well, adding a task directly from your email inbox allows you to take action on an item by adding it right away so that you don’t risk forgetting it.
- To get started, find your board settings by clicking the gear icon next to your board’s name.
- Next, click on the “Details” tab (next to general).
- Copy the email address listed under “Email Address.”
- Open up your email provider and create a new email. Where you would normally type in the recipient’s name, instead paste the Rindle board email address you just copied and paste that into the “To” field.
Here’s how we recommend you format your email:
Email subject: The name of the task you want to create in Rindle.
Email body: A more detailed description of the new task you’ll be creating.
Attachments: Attachments are optional. If you attach a file to the email, it will automatically carry over to your new Rindle task.
Tip: To add a task via email quickly and easily, consider adding your board’s email as a new contact in your email account. That way, you won’t have to paste it again and can simply start typing the name of your board in the “To” section, like so: